|Cooling System||5 kW Water Chiller|
|Transmission Method||Ball Screw Type|
|Drive System||Servo Motors & Drives Japan|
|Effective Cutting||1300 X 2500 mm|
|Laser Output Power||500 W|
|Laser Wave Length||1064 nm|
|Laser Pulse Frequency||0.1 - 500 Hz|
|Width of Pulse||0.2-20 ms|
|Minimum Line Width||0.2 mm|
|Positining Accuracy||0.05 mm/m|
|Repetition Accuracy||0.05 mm/m|
|Auxiliary Gas||CompressedAir / N2 / O2|
|Power||18 kW / 20 kW|
|Maximum Cutting Speed||3000 mm/min|
|Moving Speed||15000 mm/min|
In 1965, the first Laser cutting machine was manufactured by M/s. Western Electric Engineering Research Center, It used to drill holls in diamond dies.
In 1967, the British harnessed the Laser with the help of Co2 for Metal cutting. In early 1970 this process was used to cut Titanium for aerospace application.Process
Laser beam is generated by simulating a lasing material by electric discharge or lamps within a closed container. As the lasing material is stimulated, the beam is reflected internally by means of partial mirror, until it archives sufficient energy to escape as a stream of coherent light.
The parallel rays of coherent light from the Laser source often fall in the range between (1.5-2.0 mm) in diameter. This beam is focused and intensified by a lense or a mirror to a very small spot (0.025 mm) to create a very intense Laser beam.
Mirror or fibre optics are used to direct the coherent light to lense, which focuses the light at work zone will the help of different lenses and finally to output Mirror.Solid State YAG Laser
A Laser is a device that creates and amplifies a narrow intense beam from coherent Light. This light beam is very intense to vaporize the hardest and the most resistant material.
In solid state Laser the active medium is a solid material instead of gas or liquid. The Laser medium is a rod of Yttrium Aluminium Garnet (YAG).Features of YAG Laser Cutting Machine
Application of YAG Laser Cutting Machine
- Solid YAG laser medium is one of the most stable product in Laser field.
- It has the features of better Laser mode and thin Cutting Gap.
- It is very stable machine with very little periodical maintaince, except changing of Mirror, lenses and Cutting nozzle.
- It gives high accuracy and high quality of cutting.
- The Servo motors, ball screws, and linear guide rails which are imported not only ensure the good cutting speed, better edge effect, and higher accuracy than similar products, but also ensure the stability and reliability of the machine’s working.
- No distortion, negligible thermal input, no secondary operation required.
Used for precision cutting of Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Spring Steel, Copper and other metals.
Widely used for Aerospace, Steamships, Railways, Wagon, Automobile, Textile machinery parts, Elevators, Kitchenware machinery, Electrical parts, Hardware etc.
Comparison with Co2 Laser
Advantages of Laser Cutting Over CNC Plasma Cutting
- YAG is specially designed for Metal cutting, where as Co2 is for Metal as well as for non metal like Acrylic, MDF, Wood etc
- Operation cost of YAG Laser is just 1/5 to 1/7 times, compare to Co2 Laser cutting machine.
- Maintenance cost of YAG Laser is 1/10 to 1/15 times, compare to Co2 Laser cutting machine.
- No Warping even on lower thickness.
- Cutting is very precised, as minium line width of Laser beam is 0.2 mm.
- No Contamination on the cutting edge.
- No heat effect zone.
- Laser cutting require less energy for sheet metal cutting.
- It can cut hole of as low as 2 mm in diameter.